Synonyms of repellent
- 1. repellent, repellant, compound, chemical compound
- usage: a compound with which fabrics are treated to repel water
- 2. repellent, repellant, compound, chemical compound
- usage: a chemical substance that repels animals
- 3. repellent, repellant, power, powerfulness
- usage: the power to repel; "she knew many repellents to his advances"
- 1. rebarbative, repellent, repellant, unpleasant (vs. pleasant)
- usage: serving or tending to repel; "he became rebarbative and prickly and spiteful"; "I find his obsequiousness repellent"
- 2. disgusting, disgustful, distasteful, foul, loathly, loathsome, repellent, repellant, repelling, revolting, skanky, wicked, yucky, offensive (vs. inoffensive)
- usage: highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust; "a disgusting smell"; "distasteful language"; "a loathsome disease"; "the idea of eating meat is repellent to me"; "revolting food"; "a wicked stench"
- 3. repellent, resistant, nonabsorbent (vs. absorbent), nonabsorptive
- usage: incapable of absorbing or mixing with; "a water-repellent fabric"; "plastic highly resistant to steam and water"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of repellent (Dictionary)