Synonyms of repelling
- 1. repel, drive, repulse, force back, push back, beat back, push, force
- usage: cause to move back by force or influence; "repel the enemy"; "push back the urge to smoke"; "beat back the invaders"
- 2. repel, repulse, displease
- usage: be repellent to; cause aversion in
- 3. repel, repulse, fight off, rebuff, drive back, fight, oppose, fight back, fight down, defend
- usage: force or drive back; "repel the attacker"; "fight off the onslaught"; "rebuff the attack"
- 4. rebuff, snub, repel, reject, spurn, freeze off, scorn, pooh-pooh, disdain, turn down
- usage: reject outright and bluntly; "She snubbed his proposal"
- 5. disgust, gross out, revolt, repel, stimulate, excite, stir
- usage: fill with distaste; "This spoilt food disgusts me"
- 1. disgusting, disgustful, distasteful, foul, loathly, loathsome, repellent, repellant, repelling, revolting, skanky, wicked, yucky, offensive (vs. inoffensive)
- usage: highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust; "a disgusting smell"; "distasteful language"; "a loathsome disease"; "the idea of eating meat is repellent to me"; "revolting food"; "a wicked stench"
All rights reserved.