Synonyms of replication
- 1. reproduction, replication, copying
- usage: the act of making copies; "Gutenberg's reproduction of holy texts was far more efficient"
- 2. replication, organic process, biological process
- usage: (genetics) the process whereby DNA makes a copy of itself before cell division
- 3. rejoinder, retort, return, riposte, replication, comeback, counter, reply, response
- usage: a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one); "it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher"
- 4. replication, pleading
- usage: (law) a pleading made by a plaintiff in reply to the defendant's plea or answer
- 5. echo, reverberation, sound reflection, replication, reflection, reflexion, reflectivity
- usage: the repetition of a sound resulting from reflection of the sound waves; "she could hear echoes of her own footsteps"
- 6. replica, replication, reproduction, copy
- usage: copy that is not the original; something that has been copied
- 7. replication, repetition, repeating
- usage: the repetition of an experiment in order to test the validity of its conclusion; "scientists will not believe an experimental result until they have seen at least one replication"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of replication (Dictionary)