Synonyms of report
- 1. report, study, written report, document, written document, papers
- usage: a written document describing the findings of some individual or group; "this accords with the recent study by Hill and Dale"
- 2. report, account, informing, making known
- usage: the act of informing by verbal report; "he heard reports that they were causing trouble"; "by all accounts they were a happy couple"
- 3. report, news report, story, account, write up, news
- usage: a short account of the news; "the report of his speech"; "the story was on the 11 o'clock news"; "the account of his speech that was given on the evening news made the governor furious"
- 4. report, noise
- usage: a sharp explosive sound (especially the sound of a gun firing); "they heard a violent report followed by silence"
- 5. report card, report, information, info
- usage: a written evaluation of a student's scholarship and deportment; "his father signed his report card"
- 6. composition, paper, report, theme, essay
- usage: an essay (especially one written as an assignment); "he got an A on his composition"
- 7. reputation, report, estimate, estimation
- usage: the general estimation that the public has for a person; "he acquired a reputation as an actor before he started writing"; "he was a person of bad report"
- 1. report, describe, account, inform
- usage: to give an account or representation of in words; "Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental"
- 2. report, announce, denote
- usage: announce as the result of an investigation or experience or finding; "Dozens of incidents of wife beatings are reported daily in this city"; "The team reported significant advances in their research"
- 3. report, announce, denote
- usage: announce one's presence; "I report to work every day at 9 o'clock"
- 4. report, inform
- usage: make known to the authorities; "One student reported the other to the principal"
- 5. report, cover, inform
- usage: be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism; "Snow reported on China in the 1950's"; "The cub reporter covered New York City"
- 6. report, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: complain about; make a charge against; "I reported her to the supervisor"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of report (Dictionary)