Synonyms of repose
- 1. rest, ease, repose, relaxation, inactivity
- usage: freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility); "took his repose by the swimming pool"
- 2. peace, peacefulness, peace of mind, repose, serenity, heartsease, ataraxis, tranquillity, tranquility, quietness, quietude
- usage: the absence of mental stress or anxiety
- 3. repose, quiet, placidity, serenity, tranquillity, tranquility, composure, calm, calmness, equanimity
- usage: a disposition free from stress or emotion
- 1. repose, put, assign
- usage: put or confide something in a person or thing; "These philosophers reposed the law in the people"
- 2. rest, reside, repose, inhere in, attach to
- usage: be inherent or innate in;
- 3. repose, lie
- usage: lie when dead; "Mao reposes in his mausoleum"
- 4. recumb, repose, recline, lie
- usage: lean in a comfortable resting position; "He was reposing on the couch"
- 5. lay, put down, repose, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put in a horizontal position; "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
- 6. repose, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: to put something (eg trust) in something; "The nation reposed its confidence in the King"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of repose (Dictionary)