Synonyms of reprimand
- 1. rebuke, reproof, reproval, reprehension, reprimand, criticism, unfavorable judgment
- usage: an act or expression of criticism and censure; "he had to take the rebuke with a smile on his face"
- 1. reprimand, censure, criminate, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: rebuke formally
- 2. call on the carpet, take to task, rebuke, rag, trounce, reproof, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress down, call down, scold, chide, berate, bawl out, remonstrate, chew out, chew up, have words, lambaste, lambast, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of reprimand (Dictionary)