- 1. rebuff, snub, repulse, rejection
- usage: an instance of driving away or warding off
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. repel, repulse, fight off, rebuff, drive back, fight, oppose, fight back, fight down, defend
- usage: force or drive back; "repel the attacker"; "fight off the onslaught"; "rebuff the attack"
- 2. repel, repulse, displease
- usage: be repellent to; cause aversion in
- 3. repel, drive, repulse, force back, push back, beat back, push, force
- usage: cause to move back by force or influence; "repel the enemy"; "push back the urge to smoke"; "beat back the invaders"
All rights reserved.
See also: repulse (Dictionary)