WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. respire, breathe, take a breath, respire, suspire
- usage: breathe easily again, as after exertion or anxiety
- 2. respire, undergo
- usage: undergo the biomedical and metabolic processes of respiration by taking up oxygen and producing carbon monoxide
- 3. breathe, take a breath, respire, suspire
- usage: draw air into, and expel out of, the lungs; "I can breathe better when the air is clean"; "The patient is respiring"
All rights reserved.
See also: respire (Dictionary)