WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. restrict, curtail, curb, cut back, limit, circumscribe, confine
- usage: place restrictions on; "curtail drinking in school"
- 2. restrict, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: place under restrictions; limit access to; "This substance is controlled"
- 3. restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: place limits on (extent or access); "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- 4. qualify, restrict, modify
- usage: make more specific; "qualify these remarks"
All rights reserved.
See also: restrict (Dictionary)