- 1. restrict, curtail, curb, cut back, limit, circumscribe, confine
- usage: place restrictions on; "curtail drinking in school"
- 2. restrict, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: place under restrictions; limit access to; "This substance is controlled"
- 3. restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: place limits on (extent or access); "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- 4. qualify, restrict, modify
- usage: make more specific; "qualify these remarks"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. restricted (vs. unrestricted), circumscribed, limited, closed, off-limits, out-of-bounds(predicate), classified, confined, unfree
- usage: subject to restriction or subjected to restriction; "of restricted importance"
- 2. restricted, qualified, modified (vs. unmodified)
- usage: restricted in meaning; (as e.g. `man' in `a tall man')
- 3. restricted, classified (vs. unclassified)
- usage: the lowest level of official classification for documents
All rights reserved.
See also: restricted (Dictionary)