WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. resurrect, raise, upraise, resuscitate, revive
- usage: cause to become alive again; "raise from the dead"; "Slavery is already dead, and cannot be resurrected"; "Upraising ghosts"
- 2. revive, resurrect, regenerate, restore, rejuvenate
- usage: restore from a depressed, inactive, or unused state; "He revived this style of opera"; "He resurrected the tango in this remote part of Argentina"
- 3. resurrect, rise, uprise, return
- usage: return from the dead; "Christ is risen!"; "The dead are to uprise"
All rights reserved.
See also: resurrect (Dictionary)