Synonyms of retreated
- 1. retreated, people
- usage: people who have retreated; "he had only contempt for the retreated"
- 1. withdraw, retreat, pull away, draw back, recede, pull back, retire, move back, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew"; "The limo pulled away from the curb"
- 2. retreat, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move away, as for privacy; "The Pope retreats to Castelgondolfo every summer"
- 3. retrograde, retreat, withdraw, retreat, pull away, draw back, recede, pull back, retire, move back
- usage: move back; "The glacier retrogrades"
- 4. retreat, pull back, back out, back away, crawfish, crawfish out, pull in one's horns, withdraw
- usage: make a retreat from an earlier commitment or activity; "We'll have to crawfish out from meeting with him"; "He backed out of his earlier promise"; "The aggressive investment company pulled in its horns"
All rights reserved.