Synonyms of returning
- 1. return, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: go or come back to place, condition, or activity where one has been before; "return to your native land"; "the professor returned to his teaching position after serving as Dean"
- 2. render, return, give
- usage: give back; "render money"
- 3. revert, return, retrovert, regress, turn back, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules"
- 4. hark back, return, come back, recall, denote, refer
- usage: go back to something earlier; "This harks back to a previous remark of his"
- 5. return, take back, bring back, bring, convey, take
- usage: bring back to the point of departure
- 6. return, reciprocate
- usage: return in kind; "return a compliment"; "return her love"
- 7. return, transport, carry
- usage: make a return; "return a kickback"
- 8. retort, come back, repay, return, riposte, rejoin, answer, reply, respond
- usage: answer back
- 9. come back, return, reappear, re-emerge
- usage: be restored; "Her old vigor returned"
- 10. refund, return, repay, give back, pay
- usage: pay back; "Please refund me my money"
- 11. render, deliver, return, communicate, pass on, pass, pass along, put across
- usage: pass down; "render a verdict"; "deliver a judgment"
- 12. reelect, return, elect
- usage: elect again
- 13. fall, return, pass, devolve, change hands, change owners
- usage: be inherited by; "The estate fell to my sister"; "The land returned to the family"; "The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead"
- 14. return, return
- usage: return to a previous position; in mathematics; "The point returned to the interior of the figure"
- 15. render, yield, return, give, generate, produce, make, create
- usage: give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
- 16. return, submit, subject
- usage: submit (a report, etc.) to someone in authority; "submit a bill to a legislative body"
- 1. returning, reverting, regressive (vs. progressive)
- usage: tending to return to an earlier state
- 2. returning(prenominal), reversive, backward (vs. forward)
- usage: tending to be turned back
All rights reserved.