WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. resound, echo, ring, reverberate, sound, go
- usage: ring or echo with sound; "the hall resounded with laughter"
- 2. reverberate, prevail, persist, die hard, run, endure
- usage: have a long or continuing effect; "The discussions with my teacher reverberated throughout my adult life"
- 3. reverberate, reflect, reverberate
- usage: be reflected as heat, sound, or light or shock waves; "the waves reverberate as far away as the end of the building"
- 4. reflect, reverberate
- usage: to throw or bend back (from a surface); "Sound is reflected well in this auditorium"
- 5. bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet, jump, leap, bound, spring
- usage: spring back; spring away from an impact; "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
- 6. reverberate, process, treat
- usage: treat, process, heat, melt, or refine in a reverberatory furnace; "reverberate ore"
All rights reserved.
See also: reverberate (Dictionary)