WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reversion, interest, stake
- usage: (law) an interest in an estate that reverts to the grantor (or his heirs) at the end of some period (e.g., the death of the grantee)
- 2. reversion, mutation, genetic mutation, chromosomal mutation
- usage: (genetics) a return to a normal phenotype (usually resulting from a second mutation)
- 3. atavism, reversion, throwback, recurrence, return
- usage: a reappearance of an earlier characteristic
- 4. reversion, reverse, reversal, turnabout, turnaround, change of direction, reorientation
- usage: turning in the opposite direction
- 5. regression, regress, reversion, retrogression, retroversion, reversal
- usage: returning to a former state
- 6. backsliding, lapse, lapsing, relapse, relapsing, reversion, reverting, failure
- usage: a failure to maintain a higher state
All rights reserved.
See also: reversion (Dictionary)