WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. revolution, change, alteration, modification
- usage: a drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behaving; "the industrial revolution was also a cultural revolution"
- 2. revolution, group action
- usage: the overthrow of a government by those who are governed
- 3. rotation, revolution, gyration, turning, turn
- usage: a single complete turn (axial or orbital); "the plane made three rotations before it crashed"; "the revolution of the earth about the sun takes one year"
All rights reserved.
See also: revolution (Dictionary)