WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rhesus factor, Rh factor, Rh, antigen
- usage: a blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people; if an Rh-negative person receives a blood transfusion from an Rh-positive person it can result in hemolysis and anemia
- 2. rhodium, Rh, atomic number 45, metallic element, metal
- usage: a white hard metallic element that is one of the platinum group and is found in platinum ores; used in alloys with platinum
- 3. releasing hormone, RH, releasing factor, hypothalamic releasing hormone, hypothalamic releasing factor, hormone, endocrine, internal secretion
- usage: any of several hormones produced in the hypothalamus and carried by a vein to the anterior pituitary gland where they stimulate the release of anterior pituitary hormones; each of these hormones causes the anterior pituitary to secrete a specific hormone
All rights reserved.
See also: rh (Dictionary)