WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ribbon, thread, object, physical object
- usage: any long object resembling a thin line; "a mere ribbon of land"; "the lighted ribbon of traffic"; "from the air the road was a grey thread"; "a thread of smoke climbed upward"
- 2. decoration, laurel wreath, medal, medallion, palm, ribbon, award, accolade, honor, honour, laurels
- usage: an award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event
- 3. ribbon, typewriter ribbon, strip, slip
- usage: a long strip of inked material for making characters on paper with a typewriter
- 4. ribbon, notion
- usage: notion consisting of a narrow strip of fine material used for trimming
All rights reserved.
See also: ribbon (Dictionary)