Synonyms of riddle
- 1. riddle, conundrum, enigma, brain-teaser, problem
- usage: a difficult problem
- 2. riddle, sieve, screen
- usage: a coarse sieve (as for gravel)
- 1. riddle, pierce
- usage: pierce with many holes; "The bullets riddled his body"
- 2. riddle, perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound
- usage: set a difficult problem or riddle; "riddle me a riddle"
- 3. riddle, screen, sift, sieve, strain
- usage: separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff
- 4. permeate, pervade, penetrate, interpenetrate, diffuse, imbue, riddle, penetrate, perforate
- usage: spread or diffuse through; "An atmosphere of distrust has permeated this administration"; "music penetrated the entire building"; "His campaign was riddled with accusations and personal attacks"
- 5. riddle, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: speak in riddles
- 6. riddle, solve, work out, figure out, puzzle out, lick, work
- usage: explain a riddle
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of riddle (Dictionary)