Synonyms of riding
- 1. riding, horseback riding, equitation, sport, athletics
- usage: the sport of siting on the back of a horse while controlling its movements
- 2. riding, horseback riding, travel, traveling, travelling
- usage: travel by being carried on horseback
- 1. ride, sit, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions; "She never sat a horse!"; "Did you ever ride a camel?"; "The girl liked to drive the young mare"
- 2. ride, travel
- usage: be carried or travel on or in a vehicle; "I ride to work in a bus"; "He rides the subway downtown every day"
- 3. ride, continue, go on, proceed, go along, keep
- usage: continue undisturbed and without interference; "Let it ride"
- 4. ride, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move like a floating object; "The moon rode high in the night sky"
- 5. tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride, mock, bemock
- usage: harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
- 6. ride, float
- usage: be sustained or supported or borne; "His glasses rode high on his nose"; "The child rode on his mother's hips"; "She rode a wave of popularity"; "The brothers rode to an easy victory on their father's political name"
- 7. drive, ride
- usage: have certain properties when driven; "This car rides smoothly"; "My new truck drives well"
- 8. depend on, devolve on, depend upon, ride, turn on, hinge on, hinge upon
- usage: be contingent on; "The outcomes rides on the results of the election"; "Your grade will depends on your homework"
- 9. ride, lie
- usage: lie moored or anchored; "Ship rides at anchor"
- 10. ride, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: sit on and control a vehicle; "He rides his bicycle to work every day"; "She loves to ride her new motorcycle through town"
- 11. ride, climb, climb up, mount, go up
- usage: climb up on the body; "Shorts that ride up"; "This skirt keeps riding up my legs"
- 12. ride, travel, journey
- usage: ride over, along, or through; "Ride the freeways of California"
- 13. ride, engage, mesh, lock, operate
- usage: keep partially engaged by slightly depressing a pedal with the foot; "Don't ride the clutch!"
- 14. ride, mount, copulate, mate, pair, couple
- usage: copulate with; "The bull was riding the cow"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of riding (Dictionary)