- 1. rig, gear, paraphernalia, appurtenance
- usage: gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise
- 2. trailer truck, tractor trailer, trucking rig, rig, articulated lorry, semi, truck, motortruck
- usage: a truck consisting of a tractor and trailer together
- 3. rig, rigging, formation
- usage: formation of masts, spars, sails, etc., on a vessel
- 4. outfit, getup, rig, turnout, attire, garb, dress
- usage: a set of clothing (with accessories); "his getup was exceedingly elegant"
- 5. fishing gear, tackle, fishing tackle, fishing rig, rig, gear, paraphernalia, appurtenance
- usage: gear used in fishing
- 6. carriage, equipage, rig, horse-drawn vehicle
- usage: a vehicle with wheels drawn by one or more horses
- 7. swindle, cheat, rig, fraud
- usage: the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme; "that book is a fraud"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rig, set up, cheat, chisel
- usage: arrange the outcome of by means of deceit; "rig an election"
- 2. rig, manipulate, price
- usage: manipulate in a fraudulent manner; "rig prices"
- 3. rig, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: connect or secure to; "They rigged the bomb to the ignition"
- 4. rig, set, set up, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: equip with sails or masts; "rig a ship"
All rights reserved.
See also: rig (Dictionary)