- 1. rim, boundary, edge, bound, round shape
- usage: the shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object
- 2. rim, hoop, ring
- usage: (basketball) the hoop from which the net is suspended; "the ball hit the rim and bounced off"
- 3. rim, hoop, ring
- usage: the outer part of a wheel to which the tire is attached
- 4. flange, rim, projection
- usage: a projection used for strength or for attaching to another object
- 5. brim, rim, lip, edge
- usage: the top edge of a vessel or other container
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rim, line, run along
- usage: run around the rim of; "Sugar rimmed the dessert plate"
- 2. rim, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: furnish with a rim; "rim a hat"
- 3. rim, roll, turn over
- usage: roll around the rim of; "the ball rimmed the basket"
All rights reserved.
See also: rim (Dictionary)