Synonyms of ringing
- 1. ring, ringing, tintinnabulation, sound
- usage: the sound of a bell ringing; "the distinctive ring of the church bell"; "the ringing of the telephone"; "the tintinnabulation that so voluminously swells from the ringing and the dinging of the bells"--E. A. Poe
- 2. ringing, betrothal, troth, engagement
- usage: the giving of a ring as a token of engagement
- 3. plangency, resonance, reverberance, ringing, sonorousness, sonority, vibrancy, timbre, timber, quality, tone
- usage: having the character of a loud deep sound; the quality of being resonant
- 1. ring, peal, sound, go
- usage: sound loudly and sonorously; "the bells rang"
- 2. resound, echo, ring, reverberate, sound, go
- usage: ring or echo with sound; "the hall resounded with laughter"
- 3. ring, knell, sound
- usage: make (bells) ring, often for the purposes of musical edification; "Ring the bells"; "My uncle rings every Sunday at the local church"
- 4. call, telephone, call up, phone, ring, telecommunicate
- usage: get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone; "I tried to call you all night"; "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
- 5. surround, environ, ring, skirt, border, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
- 6. ring, band, attach
- usage: attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify; "ring birds"; "band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"
All rights reserved.