WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ripe (vs. green), mature, aged, ripened, mellow, mellowed, overripe
- usage: fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used; "ripe peaches"; "full-bodied mature wines"
- 2. ripe(predicate), ready (vs. unready)
- usage: fully prepared or eager; "the colonists were ripe for revolution"
- 3. good, right, ripe, opportune (vs. inopportune)
- usage: most suitable or right for a particular purpose; "a good time to plant tomatoes"; "the right time to act"; "the time is ripe for great sociological changes"
- 4. ripe, mature (vs. immature)
- usage: at the highest point of development especially in judgment or knowledge; "a ripe mind"
- 5. advanced, ripe, late (vs. early) (vs. middle)
- usage: far along in time; "a man of advanced age"; "advanced in years"; "a ripe old age"; "the ripe age of 90"
All rights reserved.
See also: ripe (Dictionary)