- 1. hazard, jeopardy, peril, risk, endangerment, danger
- usage: a source of danger; a possibility of incurring loss or misfortune; "drinking alcohol is a health hazard"
- 2. risk, peril, danger, venture
- usage: a venture undertaken without regard to possible loss or injury; "he saw the rewards but not the risks of crime"; "there was a danger he would do the wrong thing"
- 3. risk, risk of infection, probability, chance
- usage: the probability of becoming infected given that exposure to an infectious agent has occurred
- 4. risk, risk of exposure, probability, chance
- usage: the probability of being exposed to an infectious agent
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. risk, put on the line, lay on the line, try, seek, attempt, essay, assay
- usage: expose to a chance of loss or damage; "We risked losing a lot of money in this venture"; "Why risk your life?"; "She laid her job on the line when she told the boss that he was wrong"
- 2. gamble, chance, risk, hazard, take chances, adventure, run a risk, take a chance, try, seek, attempt, essay, assay
- usage: take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome; "When you buy these stocks you are gambling"
All rights reserved.
See also: risk (Dictionary)