- 1. ritual, rite, custom, usage, usance
- usage: any customary observance or practice
- 2. ritual, practice, pattern
- usage: the prescribed procedure for conducting religious ceremonies
- 3. ritual, habit, use
- usage: stereotyped behavior
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ritual
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of religious rituals; "ritual killing"
- 2. ritual
- usage: of or relating to or employed in social rites or rituals; "a ritual dance of Haiti"; "sedate little colonial tribe with its ritual tea parties"- Nadine Gordimer
All rights reserved.
See also: ritual (Dictionary)