- 1. roan, leather
- usage: a soft sheepskin leather that is colored and finished to resemble morocco; used in bookbinding
- 2. roan, horse, Equus caballus
- usage: a horse having a brownish coat thickly sprinkled with white or gray
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. roan, colored (vs. uncolored), coloured, colorful
- usage: (used of especially horses) having a brownish coat thickly sprinkled with white or grey; "a roan horse"
All rights reserved.
See also: roan (Dictionary)