Synonyms of roasting
- 1. roasting, cooking, cookery, preparation
- usage: cooking (meat) by dry heat in an oven (usually with fat added); "the slow roasting took several hours"
- 1. roast, cook
- usage: cook with dry heat, usually in an oven; "roast the turkey"
- 2. ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, rib, make fun, poke fun, mock, bemock
- usage: subject to laughter or ridicule; "The satirists ridiculed the plans for a new opera house"; "The students poked fun at the inexperienced teacher"; "His former students roasted the professor at his 60th birthday"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of roasting (Dictionary)