- 1. rocket, projectile, vehicle
- usage: any vehicle self-propelled by a rocket engine
- 2. rocket, rocket engine, jet engine
- usage: a jet engine containing its own propellant and driven by reaction propulsion
- 3. rocket, roquette, garden rocket, rocket salad, arugula, Eruca sativa, Eruca vesicaria sativa, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: erect European annual often grown as a salad crop to be harvested when young and tender
- 4. rocket, skyrocket, visual signal
- usage: propels bright light high in the sky, or used to propel a lifesaving line or harpoon
- 5. skyrocket, rocket, firework, pyrotechnic
- usage: sends a firework display high into the sky
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rocket, skyrocket, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: shoot up abruptly, like a rocket; "prices skyrocketed"
- 2. rocket, propel, impel
- usage: propel with a rocket
All rights reserved.
See also: rocket (Dictionary)