WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. roller, grounder, ground ball, groundball, hopper
- usage: a grounder that rolls along the infield
- 2. roller, roll, rolling wave, wave, moving ridge
- usage: a long heavy sea wave as it advances towards the shore
- 3. roller, wheel
- usage: a small wheel without spokes (as on a roller skate)
- 4. roller, cylinder
- usage: a cylinder that revolves
- 5. curler, hair curler, roller, crimper, mechanical device
- usage: a mechanical device consisting of a cylindrical tube around which the hair is wound to curl it; "a woman with her head full of curlers is not a pretty sight"
- 6. roller, coraciiform bird
- usage: Old World bird that tumbles or rolls in flight; related to kingfishers
- 7. roller, tumbler, tumbler pigeon, domestic pigeon
- usage: pigeon that executes backward somersaults in flight or on the ground
All rights reserved.
See also: roller (Dictionary)