Synonyms of romanticism
- 1. romanticism, idealism
- usage: impractical romantic ideals and attitudes
- 2. Romanticism, Romantic Movement, humanistic discipline, humanities, liberal arts, arts, artistic style, idiom
- usage: a movement in literature and art during the late 18th and early 19th centuries that celebrated nature rather than civilization; "Romanticism valued imagination and emotion over rationality"
- 3. romanticism, romance, quality
- usage: an exciting and mysterious quality (as of a heroic time or adventure)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of romanticism (Dictionary)