- 1. root, grow
- usage: take root and begin to grow; "this plant roots quickly"
- 2. root, become
- usage: come into existence, originate; "The problem roots in her depression"
- 3. root, plant, set
- usage: plant by the roots
- 4. rout, root, rootle, dig, delve, cut into, turn over
- usage: dig with the snout; "the pig was rooting for truffles"
- 5. settle, root, take root, steady down, settle down, stabilize, stabilise
- usage: become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style; "He finally settled down"
- 6. root, grow
- usage: cause to take roots
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. frozen(predicate), rooted(predicate), stock-still, nonmoving (vs. moving), unmoving
- usage: absolutely still; "frozen with horror"; "they stood rooted in astonishment"
All rights reserved.
See also: rooted (Dictionary)