- 1. putrefaction, rot, decay
- usage: a state of decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor
- 2. decomposition, rot, rotting, putrefaction, decay
- usage: (biology) the process of decay caused by bacterial or fungal action
- 3. bunk, bunkum, buncombe, guff, rot, hogwash, drivel, garbage
- usage: unacceptable behavior (especially ludicrously false statements)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. decompose, rot, molder, moulder, decay
- usage: break down; "The bodies decomposed in the heat"
- 2. waste, rot, devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
- usage: become physically weaker; "Political prisoners are wasting away in many prisons all over the world"
All rights reserved.
See also: rot (Dictionary)