Synonyms of rotate
- 1. revolve, go around, rotate, turn
- usage: turn on or around an axis or a center; "The Earth revolves around the Sun"; "The lamb roast rotates on a spit over the fire"
- 2. rotate, alternate
- usage: exchange on a regular basis; "We rotate the lead soprano every night"
- 3. rotate, serve
- usage: perform a job or duty on a rotating basis; "Interns have to rotate for a few months"
- 4. rotate, circumvolve, turn
- usage: cause to turn on an axis or center; "Rotate the handle"
- 5. turn out, splay, spread out, rotate, turn
- usage: turn outward; "These birds can splay out their toes"; "ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
- 6. rotate, grow
- usage: plant or grow in a fixed cyclic order of succession; "We rotate the crops so as to maximize the use of the soil"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rotate (Dictionary)