- 1. traffic circle, circle, rotary, roundabout, junction
- usage: a road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a central island; "the accident blocked all traffic at the rotary"
- 2. carousel, carrousel, merry-go-round, roundabout, whirligig, ride
- usage: a large, rotating machine with seats for children to ride or amusement
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. circuitous, roundabout, indirect (vs. direct)
- usage: marked by obliqueness or indirection in speech or conduct; "the explanation was circuitous and puzzling"; "a roundabout paragraph"; "hear in a roundabout way that her ex-husband was marrying her best friend"
- 2. devious, circuitous, roundabout, indirect (vs. direct)
- usage: deviating from a straight course; "a scenic but devious route"; "a long and circuitous journey by train and boat"; "a roundabout route avoided rush-hour traffic"
All rights reserved.
See also: roundabout (Dictionary)