- 1. mob, rabble, rout, crowd
- usage: a disorderly crowd of people
- 2. rout, defeat, licking
- usage: an overwhelming defeat
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rout, rout out, expel, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: cause to flee; "rout out the fighters from their caves"
- 2. rout, root, rootle, dig, delve, cut into, turn over
- usage: dig with the snout; "the pig was rooting for truffles"
- 3. rout, gouge, hollow, hollow out, core out
- usage: make a groove in
- 4. spread-eagle, spreadeagle, rout, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: defeat disastrously
All rights reserved.
See also: rout (Dictionary)