- 1. routine, modus operandi, procedure, process
- usage: an unvarying or habitual method or procedure
- 2. act, routine, number, turn, bit, performance, public presentation
- usage: a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program; "he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
- 3. routine, subroutine, subprogram, procedure, function, software, software program, computer software, software system, software package, package
- usage: a set sequence of steps, part of larger computer program
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. everyday, mundane, quotidian, routine, unremarkable, workaday, ordinary (vs. extraordinary)
- usage: found in the ordinary course of events; "a placid everyday scene"; "it was a routine day"; "there's nothing quite like a real...train conductor to add color to a quotidian commute"- Anita Diamant
All rights reserved.
See also: routine (Dictionary)