- 1. rubric, rule, prescript
- usage: an authoritative rule of conduct or procedure
- 2. gloss, rubric, explanation, account
- usage: an explanation or definition of an obscure word in a text
- 3. rubric, direction, instruction
- usage: directions for the conduct of Christian church services (often printed in red in a prayer book)
- 4. title, statute title, rubric, heading, header, head
- usage: a heading that names a statute or legislative bill; may give a brief summary of the matters it deals with; "Title 8 provided federal help for schools"
- 5. rubric, heading, header, head, title
- usage: a title or heading that is printed in red or in a special type
- 6. rubric, category
- usage: category name; "it is usually discussed under the rubric of `functional obesity'"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rubric, rubify
- usage: adorn with ruby red color
All rights reserved.
See also: rubric (Dictionary)