WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rubricate, recognize, recognise
- usage: place in the church calendar as a red-letter day honoring a saint; "She was rubricated by the pope"
- 2. rubricate, format, arrange
- usage: furnish with rubrics or regulate by rubrics; "the manuscript is not rubricated"
- 3. miniate, rubricate, illuminate
- usage: decorate (manuscripts) with letters painted red; "In this beautiful book, all the place names are rubricated"
- 4. rubricate, sign, subscribe
- usage: sign with a mark instead of a name
All rights reserved.
See also: rubricate (Dictionary)