- 1. ruby, jewel, gem, precious stone
- usage: a transparent piece of ruby that has been cut and polished and is valued as a precious gem
- 2. ruby, transparent gem, corundom, corundum
- usage: a transparent deep red variety of corundum; used as a gemstone and in lasers
- 3. crimson, ruby, deep red, red, redness
- usage: a deep and vivid red color
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. red, reddish, ruddy, blood-red, carmine, cerise, cherry, cherry-red, crimson, ruby, ruby-red, scarlet, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
All rights reserved.
See also: ruby (Dictionary)