WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ill-mannered, bad-mannered, rude, unmannered, unmannerly, impolite (vs. polite)
- usage: socially incorrect in behavior; "resentment flared at such an unmannered intrusion"
- 2. ill-bred, bounderish, lowbred, rude, underbred, yokelish, unrefined (vs. refined)
- usage: (of persons) lacking in refinement or grace
- 3. uncivil (vs. civil), rude
- usage: lacking civility or good manners; "want nothing from you but to get away from your uncivil tongue"- Willa Cather
- 4. natural, raw(prenominal), rude(prenominal), unprocessed (vs. processed)
- usage: (used especially of commodities) being unprocessed or manufactured using only simple or minimal processes; "natural yogurt"; "natural produce"; "raw wool"; "raw sugar"; "bales of rude cotton"
- 5. crude, primitive, rude, early (vs. late)
- usage: belonging to an early stage of technical development; characterized by simplicity and (often) crudeness; "the crude weapons and rude agricultural implements of early man"; "primitive movies of the 1890s"; "primitive living conditions in the Appalachian mountains"
All rights reserved.
See also: rude (Dictionary)