WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fundamental, rudimentary, underlying, basic (vs. incidental)
- usage: being or involving basic facts or principles; "the fundamental laws of the universe"; "a fundamental incomatibility between them"; "these rudimentary truths"; "underlying principles"
- 2. rudimentary, incomplete (vs. complete), uncomplete
- usage: being in the earliest stages of development; "rudimentary plans"
- 3. vestigial, rudimentary, undeveloped (vs. developed)
- usage: not fully developed in mature animals; "rudimentary wings"
All rights reserved.
See also: rudimentary (Dictionary)