Synonyms of rugged
- 1. rugged (vs. delicate), knockabout, sturdy, tough, robust, strong, tough#3, toughened
- usage: sturdy and strong in constitution or construction; enduring; "with a house full of boys you have to have rugged furniture"
- 2. furrowed (vs. unfurrowed), rugged, canaliculate, corrugated, rutted, rutty
- usage: having long narrow shallow depressions (as grooves or wrinkles) in the surface; "furrowed fields"; "his furrowed face lit by a warming smile"
- 3. broken, rugged, rough (vs. smooth), unsmooth
- usage: topographically very uneven; "broken terrain"; "rugged ground"
- 4. rugged, tough, difficult (vs. easy), hard
- usage: very difficult; severely testing stamina or resolution; "a rugged competitive examination"; "the rugged conditions of frontier life"; "the competition was tough"; "it's a tough life"; "it was a tough job"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rugged (Dictionary)