- 1. opinion, ruling, judgment, judgement, judicial decision
- usage: the reason for a court's judgment (as opposed to the decision itself)
- 1. govern, rule, control, command
- usage: exercise authority over; as of nations; "Who is governing the country now?"
- 2. rule, decree, decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: decide with authority; "The King decreed that all firstborn males should be killed"
- 3. predominate, dominate, rule, reign, prevail
- usage: be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance; "Money reigns supreme here"; "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"
- 4. rule, find, pronounce, label, judge
- usage: decide on and make a declaration about; "find someone guilty"
- 5. rule, attach to, accompany, come with, go with
- usage: have an affinity with; of signs of the zodiac
- 6. rule, draw
- usage: mark or draw with a ruler; "rule the margins"
- 7. rule, harness, rein, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: keep in check; "rule one's temper"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. regnant, reigning, ruling, powerful (vs. powerless)
- usage: exercising power or authority
All rights reserved.
See also: ruling (Dictionary)