- 1. rum, liquor, spirits, booze, hard drink, hard liquor, John Barleycorn, strong drink
- usage: liquor distilled from fermented molasses
- 2. rummy, rum, card game, cards
- usage: a card game based on collecting sets and sequences; the winner is the first to meld all their cards
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. curious, funny, odd, peculiar, queer, rum, rummy, singular, strange (vs. familiar), unusual
- usage: beyond or deviating from the usual or expected; "a curious hybrid accent"; "her speech has a funny twang"; "they have some funny ideas about war"; "had an odd name"; "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves"; "something definitely queer about this town"; "what a rum fellow"; "singular behavior"
All rights reserved.
See also: rum (Dictionary)