- 1. rumble, rumbling, grumble, grumbling, noise
- usage: a loud low dull continuous noise; "they heard the rumbling of thunder"
- 2. rumble, seat
- usage: a servant's seat (or luggage compartment) in the rear of a carriage
- 3. rumble, gang fight, fight, fighting, combat, scrap
- usage: a fight between rival gangs of adolescents
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rumble, grumble, sound, go
- usage: make a low noise; "rumbling thunder"
- 2. grumble, growl, rumble, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds; "he grumbled a rude response"; "Stones grumbled down the cliff"
All rights reserved.
See also: rumble (Dictionary)