Synonyms of rusting
- 1. rust, rusting, corrosion, corroding, erosion, oxidation, oxidization, oxidisation
- usage: the formation of reddish-brown ferric oxides on iron by low-temperature oxidation in the presence of water
- 1. corrode, rust, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: become destroyed by water, air, or a corrosive such as an acid; "The metal corroded"; "The pipes rusted"
- 2. corrode, eat, rust, damage
- usage: cause to deteriorate due to the action of water, air, or an acid; "The acid corroded the metal"; "The steady dripping of water rusted the metal stopper in the sink"
- 3. rust, oxidise, oxidize, oxidate
- usage: become coated with oxide
All rights reserved.