- 1. sail, canvas, canvass, sheet, piece of cloth, piece of material
- usage: a large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
- 2. cruise, sail, ocean trip, voyage
- usage: an ocean trip taken for pleasure
- 3. sail, structure, construction
- usage: any structure that resembles a sail
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sail, travel, journey
- usage: traverse or travel on (a body of water); "We sailed the Atlantic"; "He sailed the Pacific all alone"
- 2. sweep, sail, move
- usage: move with sweeping, effortless, gliding motions; "The diva swept into the room"; "Shreds of paper sailed through the air"; "The searchlights swept across the sky"
- 3. sail, boat
- usage: travel on water propelled by wind; "I love sailing, especially on the open sea"; "the ship sails on"
- 4. voyage, sail, navigate, travel, journey
- usage: travel on water propelled by wind or by other means; "The QE2 will sail to Southampton tomorrow"
All rights reserved.
See also: sail (Dictionary)