Synonyms of salve
- 1. ointment, unction, unguent, balm, salve, remedy, curative, cure, therapeutic
- usage: semisolid preparation (usually containing a medicine) applied externally as a remedy or for soothing an irritation
- 2. salve, redress, remedy, remediation
- usage: anything that remedies or heals or soothes; "he needed a salve for his conscience"
- 1. salvage, salve, relieve, save, rescue, deliver
- usage: save from ruin, destruction, or harm
- 2. salve, medicate, medicine
- usage: apply a salve to, usually for the purpose of healing
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of salve (Dictionary)