- 1. obeche, obechi, arere, samba, Triplochiton scleroxcylon, tree
- usage: large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds; yields soft white to pale yellow wood
- 2. samba, dance music
- usage: music composed for dancing the samba
- 3. samba, ballroom dancing, ballroom dance
- usage: a lively ballroom dance from Brazil
- 4. samba, canasta, basket rummy, meld
- usage: a form of canasta using three decks of cards and six jokers
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. samba, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance the samba
All rights reserved.
See also: samba (Dictionary)